Aloha and welcome to Team Stamp It's Designer Series Paper Blog Hop! This month's hop will show case several of Stampin' Up!s beautiful Designer Series Papers. Not only are the designs beautiful, but the papers have designs on both sides and I just love that the paper colors coordinate with the ink pads--"Easy Peasy" no guessing!!
Now, if you are already on our hop, you have arrived from Elizabeth Jeanne Thatcher's fabulous blog. If you are just starting, click the next or previous buttons at the end of my blog to navigate youur way throughout the hop.
One of my favorite things to do with Designer Series Paper is to make gift bags. For today's hop, I have decided to create a gift bag set using the Sweet Lil'l Things Designer Series Paper. The bag is so easy to make and the perfect size to hold a gift for baby.
To make the bag, all you need is 2 sheets of 12 x 12 Designer Series paper, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Bone Folder, Tear & Tape Adhesive and a pair of scissors (Scroll down for directions). For the gift tag and card, I used the Made With Love Stamp Set in the coordinating Watermelon Wonder ink and card stock. Both the gift tag and card is accented with the Sweet Lil'l Thing Washi Tape which matches perfectly with the Sweet Lil'l Things DSP. The Made with Love Stamp Set also coordinates with Baby's First Framlits---Sure saves on fussy cutting!!
Directions to make the gift bag:
1) You will need 2 identical sheets of Designer Series Paper (DSP). Sheet A: Score 3" on three sides of your 12 x 12 DSP. On the 4th side Score at 2". Do the same for sheet B.
2) Using your bone folder, make your creases on all score lines.
3) Cut sheet A as follows. (Your 2" fold mark should be at the top).
4) Cut sheet B as follows (Your 2" fold mark should be at the top). Save the cut out flaps. I used them to make my card :).
5. Cut a piece of card slightly less then 3" x 6". Make sure the wrong side of the print is facing you. The card board adds extra support for the bottom of the bag.
6. Use a strong adhesive like Tear and Tape and adhere B to A. (Make sure wrong side of print of both B & A are facing you,
7. Fold down the 2" folds. Place adhesive to the edges of sheet A and sheet B to form and close up your bag. Put adhesive on the flaps to adhere it to the side of the bag.
8. Cut 2 pieces of Venetian Crochet Trim about 18" long. Use your Crop-A-Dile or hole punch and punch holes on the top of your bag for the handle. Put the ends of the Trim though the holes and tie a knot....and there you have it.
For the Gift Tag:
Cut a 2" strip of Watermelon Wonder Card Stock to however long you want your tag. I punched the top with the Scallop Topper. Added Washi Tape to the top and bottom of the tag. I measured the space between the washi tape and cut a piece of Watermelon Wonder card stock. I then ran that through the Big Shot using the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder and glued it to the tag. I stamped the image onto Vanilla card stock using Watermelon Wonder Classic Ink and ran it through the Big Shot using Baby's First Framlits. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere to the tag. Attach the tag to the gift bag using Gold Metalic Thread.
For the Card:
Card Base; 4 1/4" x 11" Watermelon Wonder
1st Layer 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Very Vanilla
2nd Layer 4" x 5 1/4" Watermelon Wonder (run through Big Shot using Decorative Dots)
Washi Tape top and bottom edge of the 2nd layer.
Focal Point: Cut a piece of Very Vanilla 3 1/4" x 3 1/4". Layer a piece of Watermelon Wonder cut 3 1/8" x 3 1/8". Glue your piece of 3" x 3" DSP scrap from your gift bag. Stamp your image on Very Vanilla. Use Baby's First Framlit to cut out imatge.
Greeting: Stamp greeting in Watermelon Wonder and punch using the Word Window Punch. Punch oval punch in Watermelon Wonder. Punch Scallop Oval in Very Vanilla. layer all three pieces and adhere to card with a Stampin' Dimensional.
Full List of supplies:
Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial....I would love for you to leave a comment letting me know what you think. Now head on over to Linda Cullen's Crafty Stampin's blog to see her fabulous design.
JOIN: Sweet Stampers